MOUNT VIC FLICKS
An iconic feature of the upper Mountains.
Always showing an eclectic mix of quality films from Australia and abroad, arthouse to kids, new releases to classics. Saturday’s we have our lovely organist playing all the classics before the feature.
We have a well stocked snack bar with homemade choc tops, hot soups in winter, home-baked treats and the cheapest tea and coffee around.
OTHER GREAT THINGS TO DO IN MT VIC:
- Check out Mount York’s vista across the Central West
- Wander through the old grottos in the park (did you know they were once a zoo?)
- Find one of the first war memorials to be erected in NSW in our park
- Look out for kangaroos around Mt Victoria in the mist
THE MOUNT VICTORIA & DISTRICT HISTORICAL SOCIETY INC. MUSEUM
Situated in sixteen rooms at the Mount Victoria railway station the museum has an amazing collection of Australiana.
Exhibits cover early explorers, convicts, road and railway builders, settlers and more recent social history. They include memorabilia, photographs and historic records of Mt Victoria and district. There are examples of early farming tools, dairy, laundry and kitchenware, birds and animals, musical instruments, collections of early photographic equipment and railway refreshment room tableware, as well as a school display and clothing from the mid 1850s onwards.
The heritage listed sandstone railway station, in which the collection is housed, is a reminder of the days of steam train travel and is well worth a visit.
Open: Sat, Sun, public & school holidays 12pm – 3pm
Closed: Christmas Eve-Day & Good Friday, Admission: $5, Children $1
35A Station St, Mt Victoria Railway Station
Contact for group bookings and enquiries:
Tim K Jones – phone: 0407 248 620
DISCOVER THE REGION:
• Take a wander down to Historic Hartley Village at the bottom of the Victoria Pass
• Blackheath is 5 mins away and Katoomba is 15 mins away
• Lithgow is 20 mins away and Bathurst is 1 hr away
• Jenolan Caves is 57 km away