Toll Bar House, 167 Great Western Highway
Built in 1849 after the closure of the convict stockade at Blackheath and used to collect money from travellers using the Western Road. The money was used for the maintenance of roads and bridges in New South Wales.
Along with the Woodford Academy, the Toll House is one of only two surviving per 1850’s buildings in the Blue Mountains. While the Woodford Academy has had a number of large additions, the Toll House has retained its original form with only minor additions to the rear.
Click here to read full story above.
Travelling down Soldier’s Gap along Victoria’s Pass.
Please respect the privacy of the occupants.
This page is part of the Great Places project about places in Mount Victoria. Each place in Mount Victoria will, one day, have its own page where its story can be told.
This might be historical information, photos or more recent or current information. It can be about people who have lived at or been associated with this place, links to articles or information about the structures on the property.
Places with a sign that has a QR code can be scanned into a smart phone. The QR is connected to a web page like this one with more information about the property for a self guided tour of Mount Victoria.